Friday, April 23, 2010

Back Cover Review: Unveiled Freedom by J.M. Windle

Unveiled Freedom is a book lover’s dream. This novel is good-sized, well-paced and well-written. The story’s suspense and questions it raised kept me riveted to the pages and up late reading…even when I shouldn’t have been!

What would it be like to be a single American woman living in Afghanistan? I’ve wondered this because there is someone dear to my heart that desires to live there - which (honestly) scares me. This story brought that experience to life and took some of the mystery out of it for me. It could be after all! In Unveiled Freedom, I was plunged into the middle of that experience right along with Amy Mallory, J.M. Windle’s main character.

J.M. Windle brought to life in vivid detail the country of Afghanistan (I loved the sentence: “the same dun hue as unpaved streets”)…the contrast of poverty and wealth…of hope and irony. With a keen sense for building suspense and an astonishing understanding of the motives and politics of the military and non-profit organizations, and the perspective of Christians and Muslims alike – the writer weaves a plot thicker than the dusty streets of the Middle East.

You can learn more about J.M. Windle and this book (or her other books) at http://www.jeanettewindle.com/.

This book was not provided by the publisher. I bought it with my own nickels and dimes. The opinions stated in this review, as usual, are entirely my own.

1 comment:

Cami Checketts said...

Thanks for the review. This looks like a book I would really love to read. Adding it to my Mother's Day list!