Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Gretchen's Scribbles: I fixed a hole

I fixed a "hole" in my manuscript. It was a problem that had bothered me for a long time. In the last week, I've written 5,154 words (gotta love "word count," YES!) correcting that issue. After so much time editing (since August), it refreshed me to write again - that is what I truly love!

My self-imposed deadline to send out my manuscript to ten readers was the end of January. I know that I've crept into February, but I'm very close...hopefully by the end of next week I'll have copies printed and ready to hand out or send. One unsolvable riddle that I have is, how do you find five people that you don't know (and who will be ruthless) to read it? I have one person who doesn't know me too well and another who hasn't seen me in thirteen years and we've only recently talked a little...hopefully they'll feel free to say what they think (although this part both exhilarates and scares me), but I do need the honesty...

No comments: