Thursday, April 23, 2009

Back Cover Review: Elisha's Bones by Don Hoesel


I hear something above me that I recognize as a voice but I can't make sense of the words. There's a pounding in my ears that sounds like roaring surf beating against rocks. That louder sound, blocking out all else, is fear speaking to me, and I've never before heard its full voice.

Don grabs suspense by its throat and holds it there for three-hundred and thirty-four gripping pages. This is Indiana Jones and Clive Cussler at its best - or better. I'm not even interested in archeology and Elisha's Bones kept me fascinated from page one.

I was shocked to learn that this is Don's first novel. There are many books that are par excellent, but you can tell it's a novice attempt even so. There isn't a hint of this in Elisha's Bones...this is a book written by an author seasoned before his time...or, you know what I mean. This is good stuff!

No comments: