Thursday, April 09, 2009

Back Cover Review: My take on THE CALLING: A Voice In The Dead Woods by Jacob Israel

If you only read one book this year, let this one be it!

It wasn't long before I pulled out a pen and highlighter and did something rare for me - I love books and hate to mark them up - I marked dialogue and narrative that strummed a chord within me and resonated within my heart. A story written as present and in the near future - a world that I could picture forming around us even as these words are spread throughout the world.

Enter the world of Thomas James where reality and dreams mesh, intertwine and dance in a subtle rhythm. A world on the horizon, written with prophetic voice and vivid imagery. Meet a boy with unlikely beginnings and a Calling that overwhelms him. As events unfold, he is faced with a life of painful circumstances and mystery - but one day the truth overtakes him so that he can be a voice of freedom and of healing to those around him.
"It's just part of another chapter that has to be read so all will know to stand tall in the face of adversity."
"...His life is beyond his control. He cannot choose the things that happen to him. He can only choose how he reacts....He is standing where others refuse to stand. He stands in faith. He will not fear what might happen if he does the very thing that can save them all."

Meet Jacob Israel, an up and coming rival of Ted Dekker and Frank Peretti (my two top favorite authors of suspense and adrenaline-reading) - not to mention, a book that I agree could be placed in a genre with The Shack. Jacob clearly knows the face of suffering...and finding the face of truth.

And now it's Thomas James' turn...come and take the journey with him and experience The Calling...Your Calling.

To get your hands on a copy go to http://www.jacobisrael.org/!

No comments: